Saturday, May 14, 2016

Day 5 (May 7) Ostia Antica

Today we visited Ostia Antica which is an amazing collection of ruins that rivals Pompei and Herculaneum.  They were fascinating and engaging.  While there I asked a couple that I had overheard speaking English where they were from.  The lady replied "Southern California" abd she asked me the same question and when I replied "Seattle" or "actually near the airport", she asked if my name was Tim?  It turned out the couple is on our cruise, and Karen had recommended this city to visit, but neither of us knew we both would be visiting at the same time.  It's a small world!

After our tour of the ruins we walked into the town proper where Angela found her gelato ice cream.  We then caught the first of two trains back to our B&B with a stop at the grocery store to pick up dinner provisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment