Sunday, May 29, 2016

Day 26 (May 28) At sea to Amsterdam


After doing sea days on long ocean crossings, I find these single day sea days to be significantly under-fulfilling.  The only significant items of the day were the Mariners award ceremony and brunch, a travel trivia game with Ian Page that was rather fun and lively and a reshowing of Ice Planet Live on the World Stage.  We spiced it up a bit by returning to the Tamarind for our third dinner there where there were also several other Cruise Critic couples eating dinner.  I had the super tender tenderloin while Angela had the duck.  This is clearly our favorite  restaurant on the ship!

After dinner Sid (one of the CC couples and a doctor) offered me some decongestant for the cold I had acquired. We followed him back to their room which was an aft balcony to pick up the tablets.  Their room is not much bigger than our inside stateroom, but the balcony is nice.  I also finished my Shadow Divers book (I highly recommend it).  We packed and put out rollabout cases to be offloaded so we don't have to carry them off the ship and then went to bed a bit earlier as we needed to be up earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment